Wednesday, September 23, 2009

10 minute Repurposing craft-Go Rockets!!




This is Homecoming week at Eddyville Blakesburg so at the BAC they are celebrating with "Hat Day" Thursday and Friday will be "Black and Gold" day. We didn't have any school shirts yet for Logan this year so I dug out an old EBHS State Wrestling 2006 tee shirt that used to be Austin's.


I pulled out my trusty sewing scissors and cut out a Rocket from the part of the shirt that said Eddyville Blakesburg. Got the iron out and pressed it onto a plain black tee shirt with fusible webbing. You can buy fusible webbing from Walmart or any fabric store and it's cheap. I always buy the plain shirts from the Dollar Tree when they have them in my kids' sizes so I can make fun things like this. Tee shirt fabric won't ravel so you don't have to sew anything. I will let him wear it Friday and then I might go ahead and sew around it with a zig zag or satin stitch, I think it looks a little plain. Logan loved it though. I really need to get crackin' on the EBHS stuff before Wrestling starts. I plan on making bows for the girls and some dresses or something in black and gold, maybe some cute little leg warmers and skirts?

No comments: