Saturday, April 18, 2009

20 days post op

I had an appt. today and the doc says I'm doing great. I can ditch the binder in a week and start a more vigorous exercise program then too. Tonight I walked in the park, no idea how far but my husband complained that his little bird legs hurt so it must be a good distance. I didn't feel bad at all. The nurse had told me at my appointment that some people come in at 20 days in a wheel chair so she was impressed to see me bouncin' around and doing great. We talked about pain tolerance. If you don't have a very high tolerance for pain than you don't push yourself and it just takes longer to heal. I feel no pain from the surgery at all, the first 3 days I was sore but not bad. I am also hyper so I don't like to sit still for long and the pain medicine made me sleepy, I hate that so I stopped taking it after about 4 or 5 days. I also got permission to lift the babies! Yay! We are all happier now. Oh yea, I had a fluid pocket behind my new belly button so the dr. dug in behind it and drained it and he found the tail of a stitch that they could not get last time so he pulled it out too.

No comments: